OUR SCHOOL STORY

Scoil Chaitríona Naofa was originally located at the site now occupied by St. Catherine’s Church.

The present school was built in 1957. The Principal at the time was Mr. Pat Kinsella and the assistant teacher was Miss Finn.

Mrs. Marion Rogan replaced Miss Finn in 1969 and subsequently took up the role as Principal in 1990. An extra classroom was added to the school in 1997 and a further extension of three classrooms was opened in 2008.

Mrs. Ann O’Kelly-Lynch was appointed Principal in 2009. A car park and set down area was completed in 2014.

2019 saw the opening of Halla Clodagh dedicated to the memory of Clodagh Hawe, a wonderful friend, teacher and colleague who taught in Oristown from 2003 until 2016.

Mrs.O’Kelly Lynch retired in November 2021 and was replaced by the current principal Mr. Owen Creevey.